In this ebook, we’ll answer:
- What is ticket deflection, and how does it work?
- What’s the state of customer expectations around support?
- How does conversational AI elevate deflection capabilities?
- What are the benefits of ticket deflection?
- What is AI’s role in customer support if self-service doesn’t resolve the customer query?
Download a PDF version of this guide by filling out this form, or keep scrolling to read.
What is ticket deflection?
In most cases, customers will interact with a variety of content resources, including:
Most chatbots include some element of artificial intelligence (AI) to deliver answers. However, not all are the same, and the type of AI you employ is critical to achieving better ticket deflection. Conversational AI is the superior technology, and we’ll explain why in the coming pages.
All these elements work together to support the customer. There’s no ticket creation when it’s successful, hence the “deflection.”
How does ticket deflection work?
What’s the state of customer expectations around support?
Customer expectations are sky-high.
Customers want fast and accurate answers, and they also expect businesses to know them and their history.
Customers believe you should know their needs and resolve issues fast.
Customers want support options.
How does conversational AI elevate deflection capabilities?
What makes AI conversational is three components:
Conversational AI improves the self-service experience.
If businesses deploy standard chatbots, it’s hit or miss if they deliver the best answer.
How is conversational AI the ultimate ticket deflector?
The company implemented conversational AI.
What are the key benefits of ticket deflection?
Agents are more productive.
Support costs decrease.
Customers have better experiences.
How does conversational AI keep supporting the ticket queue?
When agents receive the ticket, AI goes into assist mode with:
- Smart searching in knowledge bases or websites, providing AI-powered answers for the agent to convey
- Delivery of existing macros, past tickets with similar inquiries, and current ticket history as soon as they open the case
- Streamlining of the agent process with autocomplete, in-line commands, and other shortcuts, which saves time
Power the next generation of your customer support with conversational AI.
The relationship between customer and company has shifted considerably. Customers have great expectations.