These Forethought Beta Service Terms (“Terms”) apply to and govern your use of Forethought’s Beta Services (“Beta Services”). In order to use Beta Services, you must agree to these terms.
2. Beta Services. The Beta Services may be a separate, stand-alone service, accessible apart from the currently available Forethought Services (as defined in the Terms of Service or applicable Order Form) or may be a feature or functionality for existing Forethought Services. A description of the Beta Service may be provided prior to or at the time you use a Beta Service, or if we make changes to the Beta Service. By agreeing to and complying with these Terms we grant you a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, limited license to use the Beta Services.
The Beta Services Are As-Is. By accepting these Terms or using the Beta Services, you understand and acknowledge that the Beta Services are being provided as a “Beta” version and made available on an “As Is” or “As Available” basis. The Beta Services may contain bugs, errors, and other problems. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF THE BETA SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INTERNET ACCESS FEES, BACK-UP EXPENSES, COSTS INCURRED FOR THE USE OF YOUR DEVICE AND PERIPHERALS, AND ANY DAMAGE TO ANY EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR DATA. In addition, we are not obligated to provide any maintenance, technical, or other support for the Beta Services.
3. Feedback. The Beta Services are made available to you for the purposes of evaluation and feedback without any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from Forethought. You acknowledge the importance of communication between you and Forethought during your use of the Beta Services and agree to receive related correspondence and updates from us. In the event you request to opt out from such communications, your use of the applicable Beta Services will likewise be discontinued.
As part of using the Beta Services, you will be asked to provide feedback regarding your use of the Beta Services. You acknowledge that Forethought owns any feedback provided, and you hereby grant to us, if for any reason it is further needed, a perpetual, non-revocable, royalty-free worldwide license to use and/or incorporate such feedback into any of our products or services at any time at our sole discretion. If we chose to publish such feedback, we will either do so in a way that does not identify you or seek your consent in the event we do wish to identify you.
We may also monitor how you use the Beta Services and use that information to improve the Beta Services or our other products and services.
4. Intellectual Property. You agree that we own all legal rights, title and interest in and to the Beta Services, including all intellectual property rights, and except for the license provided herein, no other rights or permissions to any of the Forethought Services is granted.
Nothing herein gives you a right to use any of our trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. Except to the extent permitted by law, you may not modify, distribute, prepare derivative works of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, disassemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to decipher any code in connection with the Beta Services and/or any other aspect of Forethought technology, except as permitted by us.
5. Term & Termination. These Terms will automatically terminate upon any breach by you of any of your obligations hereunder including breach of confidentiality obligations. Your breach of any of your obligations under the Agreement may result in your immediate termination from use of other Beta Services.
Modification & Termination. We reserve the right to modify or terminate use of the Beta Services, or your use of the Beta Services, to limit or deny access to the Beta Services at any time, in our sole discretion, for any reason, with or without notice and without liability to you. You may discontinue your use of the Beta Services at any time upon written notice to Forethought.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE BETA SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY FORETHOUGHT ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND AS AVAILABLE, AND YOUR ACCESS TO, PARTICIPATION AND/OR USE OF THE FORETHOUGHT BETA SERVICES, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FORETHOUGHT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL AND YOU RECEIVE NO WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FORETHOUGHT MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT ANY OF THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS AND/OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY OR ERROR-FREE, NOR DOES Forethought MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE ACCURACY OF ANY OTHER INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM AND/OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. NO INFORMATION OR ADVICE, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM Forethought OR THROUGH THE BETA SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FORETHOUGHT OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR INCIDENTAL LOSS, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES RELATED TO THESE TERMS AND/OR WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT: (i) LOSS OF DATA, (ii) LOSS OF INCOME, (iii) LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, (iv) LOST PROFITS, AND (v) COSTS OF RECOVERY OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND BASED ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, AND WHETHER OR NOT FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), VIOLATION OF STATUTE, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT FORETHOUGHT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FORETHOUGHT’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY HEREUNDER IS LIMITED TO $1,000.00. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Indemnification. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Forethought, our affiliates and subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to (i) your breach of the Terms, (ii) your use of the Beta Services, or (iii) your violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with the Services.
8. Confidential Information. You acknowledge and agree that: (i) the Beta Services constitute Confidential Information as defined in the Terms of Service (ii) you acknowledge that the successful market launch of commercial versions of the Beta Services requires you to keep all Forethought data and information discussed and/or made available, including, without limitation, the Beta Services strictly confidential; (iii) the premature release of any of the Confidential Information would damage Forethought’s competitive and intellectual property interests; and (iv) and information about the Beta Services shall not be shared with anyone other than other authorized users of the Beta Services, which may include users in your Forethought Account
Changes to Terms. We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms from time to time and may or may not notify you in such an event. You understand and agree that if you use the Beta Services after the date on which the Terms have changed, we will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms.
Compliance with Laws. Both parties agree to comply with all applicable local, state, national, and foreign laws, rules, and regulations, including, but not limited to, all applicable import and export laws and regulations governing use, transmission and/or communication of content, in connection with their performance, participation, access and/or use of the Beta Services.
Survival. Sections 2,3, 4,5,6 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.